Saturday, August 30, 2014

OOTW: Denim Love

Hello! I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend! It feels great to finally relax after a stressful week of school.

If you don't know what OOTW means, it stands for "Outfit Of The Week." Because this blog now has more than just fashionable outfit-recreating ideas, I will use this term from now on every time I post my usual outfit creations. Capiche? 

This outfit has a punk rocker flair to it, yet carries a casual vibe. You could wear it anywhere (though I wouldn't recommend fancy dinner parties). I like to call it, "Denim Love," because I fell head-over-heels in love with this street style!

Here it is:


If you wanna recreate this look:

Grab some denim! Choose some denim apparel that will compliment each other. I once read in Tavi Gevinson's Rookie Mag that the best way to wear two denim staple pieces together was to wear them in different shades. I don't know about you, but I think Rookie was right! 

Layers! Layers! Layers! Choose something to wear under or over your denim, whether it be a funky flannel or a solid black T-shirt. Get creative with it!

Find the right shoes. For me, black combat boots are my go-to-shoes for any street-style look. To be frank, you could wear any casual shoes for this look and it would be perfect.

Accessorize! This sparkly chevron beanie just brings this whole outfit together! Yet with accessorizing, anything is possible! You could wear a crocheted beret, a studded snapback,  a baseball cap, or even a hair bow, and this look would would still be amazing. 

There you have it! A perfect street look for all you punk chics out there! Don't forget to stay beautiful and keep being yourself!

See ya around!

Xoxo,

Kiley

P.S Please share my blog with your friends! It would really make me smile :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this look!! All of the layers really complement each other and that beanie is absolutely fabulous! Can't wait for next week's post��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline :) Keep an eye out for more to come!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for more! Really loved this outfit cant wait for more! Love your blog! Kisses~ Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will definitely be more to come, Madison! I'm glad you like my blog :)

    ReplyDelete