Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kiley Being Crafty: I sewed a kimono!

(Sorry for not posting yesterday--technical difficulties arose.) 

Hi everyone! I decided to get a little crafty (hence the title) and sew a kimono! This was a great way for me to connect with my grandma and expand my horizons of craftiness!

What inspired me to make this was eyeing a new kimono for $36 from the Bethany Mota Summer collection at Aeropostale. For a while, I really wanted to buy it, but after watching a DIY video, I though, "hey, why don't I make one myself?" And here I am, writing this.

This kimono cost only $12 to make. That's about $24 cheaper than the Bethany Mota kimono! I think I like this one better anyway.

Surprisingly, when I made this kimono, I didn't follow a pattern. Instead, I followed the instructions given by an awesome DIY YouTuber, making sure to hem any raw edges along the way (you can watch the video here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmJ8L4VCMjk). She used a floral scarf and hand-sewed the project. Fortunately, my grandma had a sewing machine, and we chose a pattern at the craft store. 

I have to admit that, although it was easy, getting the measurements was hard. All projects have their ups and downs, right? Anyways, I'm so excited to show you the final product! 

Here it is:

As you can see, I think it turned out rather well! I love how I can pair this with any solid shirt and it can boost the look. 

Have you ever sewn/crafted something?Comment below! I'd love to read about it!

I hope you enjoyed this post!

See ya around!

Xoxo,

Kiley

 P.S. Please share my blog with your friends! It would really make me smile :)

NOTE: All opinions are mine. This blog is not sponsored or advertised in any way by LaurDIY or any sewing or crafting company. Those are my words, not someone else's :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute!!! It looks store bought, great DIY! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tbh- This is my favorite one! It looks perfect. And I would totally do the DIY but I dont have a sewing machine :( LOVE THIS BLOG <3 Kisses~Madison

    ReplyDelete