Wednesday, June 10, 2015

How to Have Fun This Summer!

Hello lovelies! Where I live, school's out and summer has begun. This means that I, Kiley, have graduated middle school and will be an incoming freshman next year! Eeeek! The feeling is so surreal I don't know how to explain it. However, now that summer is starting, I feel like my brain is slowly deteriorating and the boredom has kicked in. Can you relate? Nevertheless, I am determined to make the most out of my summer vacation and have compiled a list of activities so that you can join the movement for "Funner Summers" as well (yes, I am well aware that "funner" is not a word).
          1. Do Some Type of Exercise
              Personally, I enjoy biking to a nearby friend's house and making it a habit to stretch every morning. This helps my body feel nice and refreshed all summer long and gets me into shape for cheer season. Plus, who doesn't love spending time with friends?
          2. Research Healthy Snack Recipes Online
              I don't know about you, but I LOVE cooking. Whenever I bike to my friend's house, the first thing I want to do is BAKE,BAKE,BAKE! Baking might not be your thing, but who says you have to use an oven to make a culinary masterpiece? Research online or search magazines for delicious smoothie recipes or snacks and try making them with a close friend or family member. You'll find a healthy way to treat your tastebuds and spend time with someone you love--definitely a win-win situation!
           3. Read Somethin'!
               I know, I know, I totally sound like a nerd by suggesting this--after all, barely any teenagers like to read anymore. However, do you have to pick up a book to necessarily read something? NO! Set aside some time in your day to read a magazine article, a newspaper, and original story on Wattpad, or *God forbid*, a BOOK! Try changing things up a little by meeting with a friend once a week to read a book together. Reading can be much more enjoyable when you have a friend by your side!
           4. Plan A Trip With Your Friends
               Whether it's a quick Starbucks hangout or a long roadtrip to the beach, spending time with friends is by far one of the best things to do during summer. First, plan a location and a date via group text messaging. Then, ask your parents if you can attend. Once you get a driver, you're all set for an awesome trip! Don't forget to snap a few photos while you're at it!
           5. Make Some Extra Cash
               Let's face it--it feels great earning some extra cheddar. Just think about it; with this money, you could do your parents a favor by buying your own back-to-school clothes and movie tickets! So how do you make this money? Analyze your neighborhood. Do a lot of people own dogs? Start a dog-walking business! Are there a lot of young kids? Babysit or be a summer tutor! Are there a lot of elderly people? Offer to help them set up a computer or teach them how to use their new tablet! It's as simple as that. 
           6. Update Your Look
               Summer is the best time to make a bold moveand change something about yourself. Go for it! There are several ways to do this, such as dying/styling your hair, playing with different makeup looks, getting contacts instead of glasses, trying a new style of clothes, getting acrylic nails, etc. However, not all changes are made on the outside. If you feel a deep need to make a change on the inside, let summer be a chance for you to have a fresh start.
           7. Try Something New
               Have you ever wanted to go zip-lining or try escargot? Now's the time! If you don't have the money, try smaller things, such as reviewing local restaurants or learning a new language on a smartphone app. Whatever it is, you'll be glad you did it this season! 
           I hope you've found new ways to have "Funner Summers" and put your ideas to the test!

                                                                 See ya around!

                                                                                xoxo,

                                                                                Kiley

              P.S Please share my blog with your friends! It would really make me smile :)

2 comments: